Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Fix

I find that at the immediate moment after
masturbation,
I am isolate.
All connections to my heart are severed,
ridding me of passion, love and spontaneity.
I am a man of pure logic dictated by rationale.
I may be perceived then as brutally cold and apathetic for
Nothing can affect me. My life is no longer an experience,
but an event attended by an indifferent observer,
uninvolved and distant.
My mind is cleansed, embraced by reason,
perspective and control restored.
I am no longer docile to faith or impulse,
but to sense and practicality.
The death of the Romantic gives rise to the
Realist.
My emotions numbed, my mind acute.
Life, its purposes, its goals,
is distinctly clear, clouded no more.
The effect is fading.
I think I will go and masturbate again.

1 comment: